Saturday 15 November 2014

Bio-mimicry


Been a long time since my last post so let's try to catch up.
In this post I'll be speaking about a topic that some time ago got my attention and every time more have my passion. It is Bio-mimicry!
What is special about this concept, you might be asking. 
Bio-mimicry is a process of design where we (humans), mimicate the nature in the process of solving problems, so instead of trying to implement a new solution that still needs to be tested, we adapted the way that nature does with the security that this solution have tested for billions of years. You see, Natural selection doesn’t play around.  
Among of the thousand of examples that I could give where this idea have been used, but there is a Ted talk that I would like to share with you, that it is fascinating and truly mind blowing.

Hardly anyone could say that it is not interesting or at least that it is not one of the ways to go forward.

At the same time I found relatively hard to implement this idea into my designs so I will keep looking at it as an aspiration with the hope that in the future I will have the opportunity to explore this concept further

No comments:

Post a Comment